CHC/SEIA is a private, non-profit community health center providing quality and affordable healthcare services to the underserved community in its service area of Des Moines, Henry, Lee and Louisa counties in Iowa and Hancock County in Illinois. Our mission is to provide high quality, affordable, primary health care to all, especially those in need.
The first CHC/SEIA clinic site was established in a small administrative office. One year later medical, then dental, services began with one to two provider staff. As demand for health care needs increased the Board of Directors began applying for larger grants. Currently, CHC/SEIA is a network of four clinic sites providing medical and dental services to approximately 19,000. CHC/SEIA is deemed as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Since then the health center has continued to grow and expand in this medically underserved population. CHC/SEIA continues to adhere to all FQHC program expectations as outlined in PIN 98-23. The health center continues to assess the community’s health care needs by conducting community assessments on a continuous basis that help identify additional service needs.
Throughout the years CHC/SEIA has strengthened its relationship with other businesses, including local schools, hospital systems and community agencies. There is no doubt that CHC/SEIA is seen as a patient advocate for each individual seen in its facilities. These relationships assist CHC/SEIA to coordinate care for our patients.
- Des Moines County Health Department
- Lee County Health Department
- Louisa County Health Department
- Great River Medical Center
- Ft. Madison Community Hospital
- Keokuk Area Hospital
- Washington Hospitals & Clinics
- Trinity Muscatine Hospital
- Alcohol & Drug Dependency Services (ADDS)
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy - Burlington; Columbus Junction
- Heritage Park Pharmacy
- Heritage Partners Pharmacy
- Walgreens Pharmacy - Burlington; Ft. Madison; Keokuk
- Young House Family Services
Board of Directors
Press & News
West Burlington Clinic
Insurance & Eligibility